Practice Areas: Estates, Business, Litigation, Property, Mediator & Arbitrator, Family.
Mr. Wickers opened the Law Office of Rodney W. Wickers in 1992 in Torrance, California, and is the founding partner of our law firm which is now titled Wickers, Wickers and Admans, LLP, serving the South Bay, Los Angeles County and Orange County areas. Mr. Wickers has been selected for the SuperLawyers Top Rated Trust and Estates Litigation Attorney list in 2021-2023, for his Trust and Estate practice area, in Southern California. In November 2021 Rodney W. Wickers was recognized for his experience by being included in the Los Angeles Business Journal list for Leaders in Law.
As a result of his over forty year career in law, Mr. Wickers has a wealth of experience that he shares with his collogues, attorneys from other firms and clients alike. Mr. Wickers has handled more than 200 cases in his legal practice career including, many court matters in business litigation trials, evidentiary hearings on conservatorships and hotly contested estate cases. He began his career as a Judge Advocate General for the U.S. Military, Air Force which is where he honed his trial skills. Mr. Wickers is an aggressive advocate for his clients when necessary but always attempts to resolve matters with cooperative efforts and reasonable settlement discussions first.
Mr. Wickers undergraduate studies began at Loyola Marymount University and completed at the United States Air Force Academy. As a student, he was initiated into the Alpha Chapter of Colorado in recognition of his high scholastic achievement in the field of Economics and received his Bachelor of Science from the Air Force Academy in 1973.
He then attended law school at the University of California, Hastings and worked on the Hastings Law News as Managing Editor. In 1974, he was initiated by Pomeroy as a member of the International Legal Fraternity of Phi Delta Phi. Mr. Wickers graduated in 1976 receiving his Juris Doctor.
As a new lawyer, Mr. Wickers worked in the United States Office of the Staff Judge Advocate in a number of different states where he received a Certificate of Designation from the Department of the Air Force as a Judge Advocate. He received a diploma from Air Command and Staff College in 1984 for completing their program. Throughout his time in the United States Military he also held such positions as Trial Counsel, Defense Counsel, and Aerospace contract negotiator.
Some of his other professional memberships include the Los Angeles County Bar Association and the South Bay Bar Association.
In his spare time he enjoys cycling at the beach, playing golf, reading non-fiction books, and spending time with his grandsons. He has been married for over thirty years, has two adult daughters and two grandchildren.
Here is one of Mr. Wickers Recommendations on LinkedIn from Chief Administrative Law Judge J. Jeremiah Mahoney:
Pro bono/Community Service
- Mediator & Arbitrator Los Angeles Superior Court 1996–2013
- Board Member-Legal Review Torrance Memorial Medical Center Institutional Review Board 1992–2014
- Judge Pro Tempore Los Angeles Superior Court 1994–2014
- Volunteer Attorney Pro Bono Clinic South Bay Bar Association (LA) 1997–present
- Probate Volunteer Panel Attorney Los Angeles Superior Court Probate Volunteer Panel Now called “Court Appointed Counsel” 1996-2012
- Pro Bono Panel, Guardianships, South Bay Bar Association, 2012
- Outstanding Contribution-Procurement & Claims United States Air Force 1979
- High Scholastic Achievement-Economics Alpha Chapter of Colorado 1973
- Second Lieutenant Regular United States Air Force The President of the United States & Department of the Air Force 1973
- Dedicated and Skillful Service as Managing Editor Hastings College of the Law-Hastings Law News 1975
- Certificate of Designation-Judge Advocate The President of the United States & Department of the Air Force 1976
- Qualified-Trial Counsel and Defense Counsel Department of the Air Force 1977
- Outstanding Service in the Office of J.A.G. Ogden Air Logistics Center 1979
- Leadership Torrance Chamber of Commerce 1995
- Appreciation for Outstanding Services to Traffic Court & Public Municipal Court of Santa Monica 1999
- Certificate of Appreciation-Temporary Judge Superior Court of California 2001
- Unselfish Dedication Educating CA Senior Citizens State Bar of California 2001
- Certificate of Appreciation-Services to Community South Bay Bar Association 2004
- Certificate of Appreciation-Temporary Judge Los Angeles Superior Court 2003
- Certificate of Appreciation-Services to Community South Bay Bar Association 2007
- Certificate of Appreciation-Alternative Dispute Resolution Los Angeles Superior Court, 2011
- Certificate of Appreciation-Temporary Judge Los Angeles Superior Court 2007
- Certificate of Appreciation-Alternative Dispute Resolution, 2008
- Certificate of Appreciation-Probate Volunteer Panel Los Angeles Superior Court of California 2008
- Certificate of Appreciation-Pro Bono Panel Guardianship South Bay Bar Association 2012
- Top Rated Trust and Estate Litigation Attorney, SuperLawyers 2021 & 2022
- California, 1977
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- South Bay Bar Association
- Served as Managing Editor of Hastings Law News while in law school, 1974
- Torrance Memorial Medical Center Institutional Review Board, Board Member-Legal Review, 1992–2014
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Mr. Wickers was initiated by Pomeroy as a member of the International Legal Fraternity of Phi Delta Phi, 1974
- Air Command and Staff College, 1984
- University of Utah, Masters in Business Administration, 1979
- Air Force Academy As a student, he was initiated into the Alpha Chapter of Colorado in recognition of his high scholastic achievement in the field of Economics and received his Bachelor of Science from the Air Force Academy, 1973